About this weather station
Weather station information
- Davis Vantage Pro ISS with added solar radiation sensor
- Standard console inside for displaying data directly
- Envoy unit and USB logging interface to connect to the computer
- The computer is a Lenovo M630e with 4GB RAM and Debian Linux
System status information
- Transmitter battery: OK
- Console battery: 4.46 V
- Server uptime: 177 days, 7 hours, 47 minutes
- WeeWX uptime: 10 days, 2 hours, 16 minutes
- WeeWX version: 4.1.1
- Belchertown Skin Version: 1.2
This image comes from my garden birdbox.
Temperature inside the box is 22.1 °C, outside is 16.9 °C
The box is designed for bluetits and is based on an RSPB design.
There is also a waterproof enclosure housing a Raspberry Pi Zero.
The Raspberry Pi performs the birdbox termperature measurements using DS18B20 sensors on its 1-wire interface
Measurements are sent to the weatherstation computer using a custom MQTT publisher for WeeWx to process
Video is streamed to the local network and a static image is periodically uploaded to the webserver using an Axis 291 video server.